Thursday, March 26, 2009

Welcome to my blog

No, I am not a secret agent and I don't work for any governmental agencies. I am the librarian of two small libraries. One is the library at Rivendell College in Boulder, Colorado. The other is a church in Boulder.

I didn't come up with the name "Secret Agent Librarian" myself. A co-worker and I were discussing blogs the other day and she said I should write one. That got me thinking about what to call it, "branding" if you will. I thought of a bunch of different things, but not one that I really liked.

Yesterday, one of the professors at Rivendell came into my office and asked me if we had "Calvin's Commentaries." He needed to see one of the volumes for a footnote. We don't have the set, but I said, "I'm sure we can find it free online." I quickly found it at Christian Classics Ethereal Library and showed it to him. He was very excited at the thought of accessing Calvin for free. As he walked off toward his office, he said over his shoulder, "You librarians are like secret agents or something!" I laughed. I also had the name of my blog!

This is one of the missions of my blog, to let readers know where to find cool and helpful websites like Christian Classics Ethereal Library. See? That's one!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging! This is very cool! Have I sent you my blog address? It's www.giffysk8s.blogspot.com

    Can't wait to follow this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lady doth protest too much, methinks. I bet you really are a secret agent. You are, right?!? I know, I know, you'd tell me but then you'd have to kill me. Whatever. Welcome to the blogging world. It's a fun place. Look forward to seeing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete