Friday, August 28, 2009

A Little Library Humor

I'm currently in the process of writing some lesson plans to teach a class at Rivendell College next semester on research strategies and information literacy. No yawning, its important stuff. But because a topic like that can make people get a little soporific, I wanted to find some amusing YouTube videos in connection with libraries and research that might entertain the students and lighten the mood. I ran across this gem from 1946:



"I don't know who wrote it, or what the title was, but I know it was a blue book."

"Well, you are in luck, young man. We have all of the blue books over here!" (What I wish the librarian had said.)

I also love the microfilm machine. Looks like it was the first one invented. I'm sure Edison wanted it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment